According to the DMV of Florida, more than 200,000 auto accidents occur in the state annually. With over 16 million drivers, it is understandable why there are so many incidents in Florida each year. If you find yourself among those 200,000, we have good news. K LAW, PLLC is here to provide you with an exceptional auto accident attorney in Tampa.
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Tampa?
If you have been in a fender bender in Tampa, you probably have a lot of questions running through your mind. The most important thing you can do is stay calm. If you are not in a state of panic, you will be better able to help yourself and others. You can also analyze the situation with a more rational mind, and you will be able to provide law enforcement with a more reliable, detailed description of the event.
The first thing you should do is call 911 right away and check for injuries. Even if the damage is minor, it is important to contact a law enforcement agent. Police can provide you with a record that you will need for insurance and legal purposes.
Next, if you and your vehicle are not in critical condition, you need to move your car off to the side of the road. Blocking the road can cause other accidents. It is recommended that you carry items such as flares or small cones in your trunk to be prepared for anything. Turn on the vehicle’s hazard lights so that others know you are in need of assistance.
After that, you need to notify your insurance agency as soon as possible. Your agency may be able to provide you with critical information on what to obtain from other drivers involved in the accident. Try only to speak with your auto accident attorney, your insurance company, and the Tampa police. Never sign any paperwork unless it is distributed by law enforcement officials or medical assistance crew. Takes notes about the damage to your car, the other drivers’ license plates, and their contact information. If there were any witnesses, you should obtain their statements and contact information.
Once records have been filed and injuries have been assessed, call K LAW, PLLC for an auto accident attorney in Tampa.
What Auto Accident Services Does K LAW, PLLC Offer?
An auto accident attorney at K LAW, PLLC can help you in many different ways. We want to ensure your health, safety, and livelihood are affected as little as possible. We can assist you with:
- Rental services in case your car is totaled. We understand the importance of getting a replacement right away. We can help you find the right rental while you shop for your next car or wait for your old one to be fixed. Do not let your work, social, or educational schedule be derailed by the loss of your vehicle. Trust an auto accident attorney at K LAW, PLLC to solve your issues in Tampa today.
- Vehicle repairs are crucial when it comes to getting back to your normal lifestyle. Car wrecks are stressful enough without having to worry about transportation or lost wages afterwards.
- Lost wages should not have to occur. We want to ensure that you do not miss work or lose wages due to injuries or the absence of your vehicle.
- Medical claims are an important factor to consider after a fender bender. You may require medical attention or psychical therapy after a wreck. We can assist you in finding the right treatment and will deliver financial claims where they are necessary.
- Insurance forms will need to be filled out when you are covering the accident report in Tampa. It is important to do these correctly and promptly. Paperwork can seem daunting and confusing, but your auto accident attorney is here to help.
- Liability claims can turn the tables on your circumstances. Having the right representation could alter your case in your favor.
Why An Auto Accident Attorney is Necessary
We understand that not all fender benders require an auto accident attorney. However, we highly recommend calling us at (813) 866-8600 after an incident in Tampa to see if we can assist you with anything. Contact us here to discuss your rights, options, what you should do next, and if legal representation is needed. We will help you handle your case with confidence every step of the way.