As much as we like to think of them as perfect and unerring, medical professionals do make mistakes. If you or a loved one in St. Petersburg encountered injury or died as a direct result of the negligence of a doctor, nurse, or another professional caregiver, you can seek compensation. With the help of a medical malpractice attorney, you can make a claim to get the compensation you deserve.
The Basic Requirements for a Medical Malpractice Claim
There are a few basic requirements that must be met to establish that the claim being made is indeed medical malpractice.
- A doctor-patient relationship. The patient in question must have some relationship with the doctor (established care, consulted with, saw for a procedure, etc.)
- Negligence of the doctor. The St. Petersburg doctor must have acted negligently.
- Doctor’s negligence caused the injury. The injury in question and the negligence need to have a direct relationship.
- The injury caused specific damages.
Ultimately, all of these basics need to be established and linked together by a medical malpractice attorney in St. Petersburg for your case to have a chance at winning. With the right evidence, this claim can go through.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice
Unfortunately, accidents do happen in the world of medicine, but many are preventable. Doctors are not infallible in St. Petersburg, and some of the following examples are cases of error that led to lawsuits:
- Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis
- Childbirth Injuries (more specifically, negligent prenatal care or negligence during childbirth)
- Medication Errors
- Anesthesia Errors
- Surgery Errors
- Failure to Inform Patients of Risks
If you are uncertain how your injury or that of a loved one is classified, your medical malpractice attorney can help. When you come to us, we will sit down and discuss the circumstances to determine what paths we can take to get you the compensation for your pain and suffering you deserve.
Call K LAW, PLLC for a Reliable Medical Malpractice Attorney
In St. Petersburg, K LAW, PLLC has been helping clients with their legal needs for years. When you need an experienced medical malpractice attorney on your side to help with your case, we are here. Lisa Kennedy is a former insurance claim adjuster and understands how to deal with insurance companies as well as other entities involved in a case. We are not afraid to go to court for you, but we will try to resolve your case outside of court to make your life easier. If you have suffered from improper medical care or are dealing with wrongful death, contact us or give us a call at (727) 201-8444 to get the help you deserve.