A personal injury attorney in Bradenton can help you recover monetary damages after an accident. The person or entity that is legally responsible for the accident owes the victim or victims compensation for their suffering and losses. Some damage awards are agreed upon with a settlement outside of court, while other cases end up going to court when a negotiated settlement cannot be agreed upon. If you need help recovering compensatory or punitive damages, trust K LAW, PLLC for professional assistance.
Compensatory damages are the main type of personal injury damage that compensate for their victim’s losses. These awards are meant to help make the victim ‘whole’ again after an accident, and may cover:
- Medical bills. Medical care costs are expensive, and significant injuries will only drive up that cost. To cover the expense victims have taken on because of an accident, a personal injury attorney in Bradenton can help recover compensatory damages.
- Lost wages. If you have injuries keeping you from working, compensatory damages may make up for this loss. Often, this covers wages lost from the accident, as well as future wages lost due to the injuries sustained.
- Property damage. Accidents leave behind a lot of damage, such as wrecked vehicles, lost personal items like phones or wallets, clothes, and more.
- Pain and suffering. Beyond the physical injuries sustained, victims may face pain and suffering that lasts long after the accident.
- Emotional distress. Many accident victims suffer emotionally after the trauma of an accident, especially if there is any PTSD or anxiety from the incident.
- Loss of consortium. These damages attempt to reconcile the loss of companionship or relationships, typically with a spouse.
- Loss of enjoyment. If injuries keep you from enjoying your day-to-day life and activities, the compensatory damages reward may include money to cover this loss.
These are common types of compensatory damage a personal injury attorney in Bradenton may help you recover.
In addition to compensatory damages, victims may also receive punitive damages. Punitive damages extend beyond compensatory damages when the responsible party’s conduct is overly careless or egregious. Rather than attempting to make the victim ‘whole’ like compensatory damages, punitive damages are meant to ‘punish’ the defendant. Your personal injury attorney can discuss the possibility of getting punitive damages in your case.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
A personal injury attorney can negotiate to get the settlement you deserve. Many clients are busy after an accident with recovery, medical visits, figuring out how to get their car fixed, or dealing with lost wages from having to take time off work. Even in your prime, most people in Bradenton would prefer not to have to deal with meetings and phone calls to get more money from notoriously stingy companies. Therefore, having an experienced lawyer who knows what to say and how to say it to get you the proper compensation is an invaluable asset after an accident.
K LAW, PLLC: Helping Accident Victims
At K LAW, PLLC in Bradenton, we help accident victims recover and get the compensation they deserve for their injuries and suffering. We work with victims of:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Slip and fall
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
The K LAW, PLLC Difference
K LAW’s unique advantage lies in attorney Lisa A. Kennedy. Ms. Kennedy has an extensive history working in the insurance industry as a former licensed claims adjuster. She understands how insurance companies work against victims and in turn, uses that knowledge to the advantage of her legal clients. Combined with her experience with personal injury law, K LAW, PLLC is the firm you want on your side after an accident.