A personal injury attorney is your primary point of contact whenever you suffer physical harm as a result of someone else in Tampa. If you were injured as a consequence of the negligence or malicious intentions of another person or entity, you can find all the help you need at K LAW, PLLC. We will support you with the legal matters so that you can focus on recovering your health. In addition, we will explain a couple of types of cases we deal with most to help you know what to prepare for.
Personal Injury Attorney for Auto Accidents
After a car or motorcycle accident occurs, people tend to panic. No matter what happens, just remember that you will not need to deal with the consequences alone. Stay as calm as you can and try to gather as much information as possible while on the site of the accident in Tampa. What should you keep your eyes peeled for and your mind alert for? Here are a few pointers that will help your personal injury attorney build your case:
- Get a copy of the police report. Usually, the officer will provide you with the report. Make sure you acquire a copy to avoid the extra hassle of tracking it down later. The report includes insurance and other information about each of the drivers involved.
- Take pictures. If you have a smartphone, use it to snap pictures of the accident site, your vehicle, the other vehicle, and anything else that seems important. Photos are valuable proof and the best way for your personal injury attorney to get a clear understanding of the accident.
- Secure witnesses. Get contact information and a statement from any witnesses that were present at the time of the crash in Tampa.
- Avoid admitting fault. There is no reason to discuss the case with other drivers; it is better to let the police officer get their statement. Do not convict yourself during interactions with other drivers.
- Get medical care. Seek medical attention as soon as possible after the accident. Physician’s reports will also serve as important evidence in your case.
Finally, call your personal injury attorney right away. We can help you find the best medical treatment in your area, deal with insurance, file your case, and secure your rental car.
Personal Injury Attorney for Slip and Fall Cases
It is hard to prepare for something as unexpected as a slip and fall accident in Tampa, but what you do or neglect to do after such a case will play a significant role in your suit. Here are a few points that will help your personal injury attorney when fighting your case.
- Look around the accident site. Carefully survey the area of your slip and fall location in Tampa. It is important to gauge what caused the crash. Was there a spill? Was there something wrong with the infrastructure, such as loose handrails or broken flooring? Write down what you see as soon as possible. An easy way to do this is to use a voice recording app on your cell phone if that makes it easier. It is amazing how much you will forget the longer you wait.
- Take photos and identify witnesses to make sure you have evidence, just like you should with car accident cases.
- Follow the standard procedure. The actions you are required to take will depend on where in Tampa your slip and fall occurred. Each location will have a standard procedure. Most likely, you will need to notify a manager (or whoever is in charge) and go from there.
The more information you gather, the better your personal injury attorney will understand your case and use your information to build your suit. Other situations can include product defects, product liabilities, medical malpractice, consumer claims, premises liability, and worksite accidents.
Call K LAW, PLLC — Get Compensated for Your Physical Grievance
If you are not sure whether your physical harm classifies as the type of accident your personal injury attorney can help with, just give us a call. We will get a much better idea about what we can do for you once we hear you out. Give our Tampa office a call at (813) 866-8600 today or contact us here!