Being hit by a motor vehicle while walking in St. Petersburg is one of the most vulnerable and frightening situations that can happen to you. If you are involved in this type of accident, make sure to hire a competent pedestrian injury attorney right away. Being hit by a car can cause serious physical problems and may result in significant expenses. Let K LAW, PLLC help you fight for your rights and recover some or all of your medical costs.
How Can a Pedestrian Injury Attorney Help Me?
If you or a loved one has recently been hit by a car while on foot, you are not alone. Such cases are not new in St. Petersburg, and an experienced pedestrian injury attorney can help you through the process required to have some of the financial expenses recovered. This may include:
- Filing claims with insurance companies. This process involves filling out forms and providing documentation.
- Dealing with insurance companies, which may include negotiating settlements.
- Finding the best medical treatment centers. This may be valuable if your grievances require specialists outside of the types of treatments you typically receive.
- Restoring some or all of your lost wages.
- Seeing if you qualify for a pain and suffering award.
- Giving you advice along the way.
Dealing with legal paperwork and insurance agents while suffering from injuries is a nightmare. Your pedestrian injury attorney will be there to take care of the legal matters and deal with insurance companies so that you can focus on resting to get your health back in St. Petersburg.
When Should I Call a Pedestrian Injury Attorney?
The best thing you can do is call a St. Petersburg pedestrian injury attorney right after your accident. The State of Florida limits the amount of time you have to file a legal claim after an accident has occurred through the “statute of limitations.” Not only is there a time limit placed on how long you have to file your case, but waiting too long will make it harder to gather the necessary evidence, contact eye witnesses, and get medical treatments. If you have recently been hit by a car, do not wait until it is too late. Let your lawyer help you start the process right away.
Your First Consultation
Your initial consultation with your pedestrian injury attorney in St. Petersburg is completely free! We will take a close look at your situation and give you honest feedback about where you are and what steps to take next. You can prepare for your consultation by gathering certain information beforehand. The more information you have, the better we will gauge your case during our first meeting.
- Vehicle Driver’s Information: Driver’s identifying information including, name, telephone, car information, and insurance information (insurance company, phone number, and policy number).
- Police Reports: Police reports will have valuable information about the accident such as time, date, what happened, and information from anyone else involved.
- Witnesses: Identifying information, personal statements, and other evidence from onlookers.
- Medical statements: Medical reports from doctors including medical receipts and bills.
- Photographs and videos: Any pictures or videos of the accident, the site, and your injuries are highly valuable.
- Wage Loss: If you were required to miss work, wage loss calculations would be helpful.
We understand that you may not have everything on hand, and we may be able to locate some of this information. Just be sure to bring everything you already have to your consultation with a pedestrian injury attorney in St. Petersburg.
Now Call Your Pedestrian Injury Attorney at K LAW, PLLC!
The stress of dealing with injuries, missing work, and trying to figure out how you will pay for your medical treatments in St. Petersburg is a lot to bear. Once you reach out to your pedestrian injury attorney at K LAW, PLLC, you will be able to get a good understanding of your case, know what rights you have, and have a reliable source to answer all of your questions. Your first consultation is free, so do not hesitate to call K LAW, PLLC at (813) 866-8600.