A personal injury lawyer strives to protect those who have been injured. At K LAW, PLLC, we protect those who got hurt as a result of negligence or wrongful conducted towards you by another person, a government agency, your place of employment, or any other company. If you have suffered from any form of physical or psychological grievances because of another party in St. Petersburg, we are here to help you defend your rights.
What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
A personal injury lawyer deals with cases in which an individual is injured due to another person’s negligence. Negligence can include various acts of reckless behavior or irresponsibility in situations where they are expected to be. When you are a victim by being adversely affected by another party, it is often tough to represent yourself in court. Finding an attorney you can trust in St. Petersburg can greatly increase your chances of receiving fair compensation.
A personal injury lawyer may help you:
- Negotiate with Insurance Agents. Dealing with insurance adjusters in St. Petersburg is one of the most difficult aspects of the process. A personal injury lawyer has experience in dealing with insurance adjusters and knows how to avoid the snares that many people fall into when speaking with adjusters on their own. Sometimes people are coerced into admitting fault, which minimizes the amount of the settlement simply because they are not prepared to answer questions correctly. A personal injury lawyer can negotiate with insurance companies to reach an acceptable settlement. When the insurance agents are not willing to settle reasonably, they will then move towards trial.
- Find the right evidence. Attorneys know what proof is necessary for every individual type of case. They know where defense lawyers can try disproving your case and can get evidence to cover you from as many angles as possible. They can contact witnesses, study any pictures that you provide, and they can look at the video surveillance footage or any other material that can help substantiate your case. They can also review your medical history and gain evidence from your doctors and other medical providers that could prove beneficial.
- Prepare for Trial. If settling with insurance in St. Petersburg does not go as planned, your case will likely begin preparation for trial. Your personal injury lawyer will take your case to trial after preparing you to testify, and along the way, they will gather the evidence and facts necessary to aggressively represent you in a trial.
What You Stand to Gain
What you stand to gain in winning your case depends on the injury you suffered, and what you lost because of it. Whether it was emotional and physical stability, income, or money paid for medical treatment, the compensation you may be awarded in St. Petersburg can include:
- Lost Wages— if your injury hindered you from returning to work, you may be eligible to recover some income for the period in which you did not work.
- Pain and Suffering— you may be compensated for the physical and psychological pain that you endured as a result of the other individual’s negligence, or wrongdoing.
- Medical Expenses— you may be compensated for your medical treatment and rehabilitation expenses that you have already gone through or may need to continue with in the long run.
- Punitive Damages— Punitive damages can be awarded if the defendant is ordered to defer or reform from the conduct that resulted in your injuries.
Your Personal Injury Lawyer at K LAW, PLLC
A personal injury lawyer in St. Petersburg can help you through the hardships involved with being injured either physically or psychologically. At K LAW, PLLC, we strongly believe in obtaining justice for our clients, and we are trained and ready to fight for yours today.